Tuesday, January 8, 2008

For the 50th

This is our 50th post to this blog, and an exciting one at that. I voted in my first Primary! As most of you can already surmise Dr. Ron Paul got my vote. I voted for him for several key reasons:
  1. He and I agree on some of the most important issues facing our country.
    • Even if the majority of the population can't figure them out, or is only paying attention to what a few media outlets are saying the issues are (what are they wearing, what is their religion, etc.).

  2. He is a real person. By that, I mean he is not a professional politician.
    • We don't need person saying what the majority of people want to hear so they can get elected and then do whatever he/she wants -- or what large contributors want.

  3. He fundamentally understands how to think logically and rationally, and he truly wants what is best for this country.
    • I don't think these two qualities have been found in a President in a long time.
I didn't want this post to be a long drawn out post about what issues are important to me and what my personal politics are. (I could make that another post if there is actually interest). I just wanted to lay out why voted the way I did. Ok, I will point out one issue that is VERY near and dear to my heart. I love having inalienable, undeniable, inherent human rights that I do. Do you know your rights? I know that my rights are being defended, if this man is our President.

No comments: