Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Where are the Bowlings, anyway?

I know I haven't posted in a while.... It's because I have a big pile of photos and some video that I want to put up, but I can't seem to find the time to organize my thoughts enough. It's officially on my agenda for the week!

In the meantime, life at the Bowlings:
We are planning a visit to Grandpa Jack in March (the 12th to the 17th, it looks like) and there will definitely be documentation of that. We're going to take Baby Jack to the college where Grandpa Jack eats lunch, and show him off to everyone as the best great grandson you ever saw! Grandpa Jack has pretty well decided to call Baby Jack "Daniel" (his middle name) to avoid the kind of confusing and ridiculous sentence construction you just witnessed.

Speaking of Baby Jack, he can roll from belly to back AND back to belly, and has two teeth. He needs to chew on EVERYTHING so we suspect more teeth are not too far behind. He can also pass his toys from hand to hand, which I'm told is a milestone. And he is getting really good at supporting his weight on his hands when he does tummy time, and is more mobile than you would have thought possible for a non-crawler! There are a million moments every day that I wish we were capturing to share, but by the time the camera is located he's usually on to something else!

I am taking on the traditional (and by "traditional" I mean "inspired by Medieval family roles") wifely duty of managing all our finances as part of running the household. Alex and I were sharing the job, but his business is booming, (thus taking up more time,) so he's just bringing in the money and I am distributing it according to a master plan! This gives Alex the chance to actually have some leisure time when he's not working, and lets me have something fun to be bossy about. :) And still leaves time for me to do things like make delicious acorn squash soup.... It's just getting on the computer and sorting my thoughts out that seems the hardest.

Anyway, it's time for me to go to bed so I can wake up with Jack at 7:00 sharp. I just wanted to get an update up.... I really will try to come back soon and post pictures!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I want a Jack sitting up video!

Diana said...

Me too!