Friday, July 1, 2011

midnight knitting and citrus bars

Life has been busy, but life is always busy. I don't know why it surprises me every time!

Tomorrow there is a birthday at TTR, so tonight I'm making triple-citrus bars for everybody at the office. I finally got them into the fridge to chill overnight.

Every time I turn around, we're having another play date. Jack likes the variety, but he gets a little worn out sometimes. This afternoon he decided that he didn't even want to go to the farmer's market. Instead we stayed home reading books and driving toy cars.

These kids just keep growing and growing. Jack perpetually needs new clothes. He's just growing out of all his shirts, and it wasn't two months ago when we replaced all his pants. Evie is taking after Jack, and we've already passed along several boxes of outgrown baby clothes.

Speaking of dressing the children, I just bought some yarn to make new socks for Evie. She's starting to practice standing and walking, so she will need more than the few pairs I've already made for her. So today I started the first of her sparkly pink-striped socks to match her new pink shoes. :D

Then there's the garden. I think the birds are stealing my cabbage sprouts. We just planted new cabbage, carrots, and lettuce so I guess I'll find out soon enough! My tomatoes and peppers have small fruits growing at last, and the squash plants have just erupted in blossoms. We'll be eating from the garden soon!

In the front yard I found the world's tiniest rose bush. You can hardly call it a bush, since it's a whopping 5 inches tall... but it does have two tiny buds on it, so I guess it qualifies!

And now it's 1:15 a.m. and past time for me to be asleep. I'm sure there's more to share, but it will have to wait for next time. Oh yes, and among all the other activity I'm waiting to hear back on whether I've sold my first fiction piece. And I might have to wait all the way until September!

No comments: