Monday, July 21, 2008

Maternity Leave

Well, it's all squared away, and it looks like I will be starting my maternity leave on September 1st. I know, I'm due on the 15th and babies are late sometimes, blah blah blah.

It's actually totally fine because I can extend my baby leave until January if I want to, so I'm not concerned about having to rush back to work right after the baby is born. AND that means I don't have to spend my final weeks of pregnancy with people in my face every other second going "Wow, you haven't popped YET?" and other such charming commentary. (As a sample, all this week, perfect strangers haven't seen any problem with asking me, "Are you SURE you only have one baby in there????" while making google-eyes at my evidently mammoth-sized stomach...) I think I'm going to like the peace. :)

No comments: