Friday, January 6, 2012

The Year of the Chart?

As Evie is nearly to toddler age and Jack is thoroughly a preschooler, I'm finding that we're leaving behind the flexibility that you *need* with a baby, and I'm starting to become quite organized!  I think 2012 is going to be the year of the chart and list.  Things I am charting/listing already:


Writing ideas -- one of the things I want to do this year is sell my writing.  A lot of it.  And I have plenty of ideas to work with!  But inspiration often hits while I'm busy with something else, like getting ready to take a walk, or halfway through the grocery trip.

Lunches and snacks -- when they get hungry they get HUNGRY, and fast!  I find that I need a few go-to foods that I can produce instantly, even when I have two hungry kids frolicking through the kitchen at my feet.

"School" lessons and weekly activities -- Jack is so interested in counting, letters, reading, and he asks me questions about things all the time.  I'm trying to keep better track about the projects we've talked about but not started yet, the places we've discussed going, and stuff like that.  There's so much to DO!

gardening chores -- Even though it's only January, I can feel spring right around the corner.  We have tons of stuff we should be doing right now to get ready for when spring finally hits.  It's the season for repairing things, making sure all tools are at the ready, pruning the dormant plants, etc., etc., etc.  I just know one morning I'm going to turn around and it's going to be summer!  I can only hope I'll be more prepared this year than last year when we didn't get gardening until mid-May.

pet/household chores -- Two kids, a husband, a dog, a cat, a bird cage.  It's high time to start keeping track of when all this stuff is getting cleaned so I don't miss anything!

sewing projects -- Evie needs some bibs now that she's decided to feed herself.  The kids really want kid-sized bean bag chairs, and I have a bunch of spare fabric that could be turned into awesome aprons.  And that's only scratching the surface.  I'm looking forward to getting my own sewing space set up (once Jack is out of his current room) so I can have a space to pause mid-project without having to take extreme protective measures!

No comments: