Monday, January 9, 2012

Chickens!

I'm getting quite excited at the prospect of keeping a few chickens in our yard.  Our lot is big enough to allow us a few and between Jack's love of finding eggs and Evie's love of anything bird-related, I'm sure they will be a welcome teaching and growing-up aid too.

I have no interest in starting a flock when the weather is still cold and wet, though (unless I happen upon some free chickens or another noteworthy enticement to get going right away)!  So I'll be waiting until spring to get the actual birds.  That way I can get through my learning curve while the weather is pleasant, and then be ready for next winter when it rolls around.  For now I'm reading up on chicken books from the library and eying the yard to decide on the best place for a coop!

No comments: