Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Daddy Basic Training

One of the classes offered, and subsequently taken, was the Daddy Basic Training. I've been told I should post something about this.

The class consisted of about 10 expecting fathers, 2 "teachers" of the class that have kids, a previous attendee with his 4-month-old and 1 guy whose wife decided to go early and he was about a week into fatherhood.

Basically, we were given a packet of various bits of information (that we covered in the class), poison control pamphlets/magnet and we all discussed what to expect. As it turns out, I had a great deal to offer to the discussion from the learned side of things from all the prep M and I have been doing. All the dads got a kick out of my "man vacation" I got to go on last week. While I didn't learn much in the way of new things, I did hear a couple of things I hadn't thought of. It was good to hear what these guys had gone through and I offered to be a "veteran dad" in a few months if they needed.

No comments: