Monday, August 24, 2009

Rotary Nature Preserve

There is a nature preserve one block away from us, maintained by the Rotary club. Of course, Jack and I had to head over to see what it was all about.

It was very large, much bigger than I expected. We actually got lost for about 20 minutes while trying to find our way out on all the intersecting trails! Every time I thought I was on a trail I knew, I would find a new bench, signpost, etc., that informed me I was somewhere new AGAIN!

There were holly shrubs, bits of river, blackberry bushes every time you turned around... and many, many paths. Jack LOVED the whole experience. He even found a couple of birds to point at, including a woodpecker!

....and on that note, it's time to put my very tired boy back to bed. More later, probably when I get pictures. :)

No comments: